Wednesday, April 9, 2008




Day 6:  The first thing we did on day 6 was eat breakfast at the hotel again.  After that, we went to Madame Tussad's which is a wax museum.  They have wax figures of people that are famous.  On a few of the wax dummies I could not tell that they were not made out of wax.  Most of them, I could tell they were made out of wax.   They had a fun thing in the sports section where you could kick a soccer ball at a target that kept on moving.  There was a wax dummy of Captain Jack Sparrow that you could take a picture with and I did.   After Madame Tussad's we went on the London Eye, a huge ferris wheel with cars that hold over 20 people.  While we were in line, part of it broke down so we had to wait in line longer than the trip in one of cars takes.  It takes 30 minutes for the whole thing to go around once.  Another amazing fact about the London Eye is that it was built in less than 16 months.  When on the London Eye, you can see over 20 miles and see a lot of beautiful scenery.  I have one photo of the spectacular view and one of a car that was behind us.  (I told my Grandma I would show her how big the cars are).  After the London Eye, we ate lunch at a Chinese restaurant that was close the London Eye.  Another thing that is close to the London Eye is the Salvador Dali museum.  I did a project on Dali in school so I wanted to go there.  They had a bunch of his drawings and sculptures but not that many paintings.  They also had a few works of Picasso.   We had dinner at the same Italian restaurant near our hotel that we ate ate two days ago.  

2 comments:

Rae Rice said...

Madame Tussaud's (did I spell it right) is a really fun activity. When I was there, they had just moved Princess Di away from the Royal Family. I like that they have Captain Jack Sparrow there now. I bet he looks as real as he does on the ride at Disneyland!

Stanley said...

Marcus,Judy and I really enjoyed your last two reports, great word pictures of what you are doing. Photos also great, glad you got to Tussauds, we have been there and it is a thought provoking place with lots of history. Please tell your Grandpa Hello for us.
Stan & Judy