Friday, April 11, 2008



Day 9:  For the fifth time in a row, we ate breakfast at the hotel ( at least it was free).  We also stopped at a coffee shop on our way to the subway where I had a brownie-like product.  We took the subway to Waterloo Station and caught a local train to Hampton Court Palace where Henry the VII (8th) and several other kings and queens lived.  We bought tickets for only the gardens so we could not go in any of the houses.  The whole reason we went there is there is a maze made out hedges similar to the one in Harry Potter IV in the gardens, but it did not try to eat us.  We thought the maze would be easy but it took us awhile until we discovered the exit was at the entrance.  My grandpa took a picture of me as I was pretending to think, "How do we get out?".  By the time we got out of the maze we went to a little cafe near the maze.  I had a cheese sandwich, some crisps (potato chips), apple juice and part of a shortbread cookie.  My grandpa had an egg salad sandwich.  We took the same train back to the station which had an entrance to the underground in it.  We took the Underground to the British Museum.  We walked around in the Museum and looked at interesting stuff.  The British Museum is famous for having so many mummies.  I took a picture of a lot of them but I only posted one.  After seeing the museum, we took the Underground to Queensway which is near Bayswater.  On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at a souvenir shop and got an Arsenal jersey.  They are my favorite soccer team.  We also got a cool lazer pointer and a key ring that had a lazer embossed picture of the Tower Bridge.  I also got a larger version of a lazer cube that had a bunch of famous sites in London.  This is our last day in London and we fly home tomorrow.  We also realized we have taken most forms of public transportation during our time in London.  These include subway, train, taxi, boat, bus and walking (a lot).

I had a good time in London with my grandpa and I also had a good time doing this blog.  Please recommend this blog to other people and leave a comment.  In case you are wondering, my grandma accidentally posted her own blog entry underneath mine.  Thank you for reading my blog.     Marcus 

2 comments:

Stanley said...

Hi Marcus, really enjoyed your blog, all of your reports and photos are super. Hope to see you soon at Gelatos.

Stan & Judy

Betty & Glenn Burke said...

Hi Marcus, you are lucky to have such a nice grandpa. He emailed me about your blog. You probably saw more of London in 9 days than I did in 2 1/2 years while I was stationed there during WW 2. I enjoyed reading your fine account of your trip. . . . Glenn