Thursday, April 10, 2008




Day 8:  The first thing we did on Day 8 was take the subway to Westminster Pier where we got onto the boat with almost no line.  We rode down the River Thames while our guide was pointing out interesting things.  My grandpa took a picture of me with the London Eye in the background.  I also took a picture of the famous Tower Bridge which lets boats go under it by raising the street the cars drive on in the middle of it.  We continued on to Greenwich and went to the Royal Observatory.  At the Observatory, I stood on the Prime Meridian and my grandpa took a picture of me.  The Prime Meridan is the place where longitude is 0 degrees and where time is measured from all over the world.  We also stopped at a sandwich shop and I got a cheese and ham sandwich.  My Grandpa took out the ham for me since I don't eat it.  It still tasted like ham to me.  We rode the boat back to the pier and walked to Westminster Abbey which was only about a block away.  After that, we got back on the subway and went to the Science Museum on High Street in Kensington.  The museum had a lot of interactive things on energy and there was a metal pole with smaller poles around it that if you touched it, it would shock you.  Other people were afraid of it but I tried it and it didn't hurt.  My Grandpa took a picture of me touching it but we didn't post it.  We took the subway back to Bayswater and walked to the hotel.  After awhile, we went to a Greek restaurant where I ate a chicken kabob and a bunch of pita bread.   After dinner, we went back to the hotel, did some homework and watched some of Harry Potter 4.   

1 comment:

Stanley said...

We have again enjoyed your last two reports, thanks. we just heard on our noon news, that it is Ben Ben's birthday so Happy Birthday to Big Ben from us. Like your picture of London Bridge and glad you had a ride on the Thames.We also stood on the prime meridian.
We use the degree of longitude computed from the prime meridian when we go sailing.
Cheers, Stan & Judy